Well have to say I am very proud of my little self, I'm sure some people...male variety wont know what the fuss is but Christmas just doesn't happen! For example the other night the hubby went out and I wrapped like a Trojan and caught up on house work, then the night I went out...he also went out!? This very morning Christmas Eve the husband is also checking "If I want anything special for Christmas?!" Never mind, I know I have pulled off Christmas in a week!
- First thing was to buy an over priced, shedding, tree with spina bifida, get covered in fibre glass retrieving the decs out of the loft and get this place jazzed up.
- Buy a wreath for the front door and three days later finally remember sticky hooks to put it up.
- Make, buy and write out Christmas cards avoiding Royal mail and anyone I wont see over the Festive period.
- Write letters to Santa.
- Christmas CD on replay.
- Buy gifts for 26 people including 5 yes 5! Trips to the Fresh Hell that is the Silverlink.
- Do all of the boys presents to send to Santa including the husbands.
- Wrap about 1000 presents...my knees will never recover.
- Visit best Santa in town. #Fenwicks
- ...Put the entire tree back up!
- Kids Christmas party.
- See Pantomime Sleeping Beauty.
- Watch about 17 Christmas films including Home Alone, Elf, Love Actually, Its a Wonderful Life....
- Have a Christmas night out with the girls.
- Eat our weight in Christmas grub, mince pies, panetone, Satsuma's and the like.
- Do a food shop for a Turkey bigger than a toddler...with the rest of the north east at the same time.
- Clean the house top to bottom.
Tick, tick tick, tiiiiiickkkk!
I haven't even mentioned also unpacking 6 suitcases, doing 19 loads of washing, getting Oscars cast off and catching up with tonnes of people. I might be limping and still slightly Jet lagged but I made it. Special mention though to my brother Phil and his Girlfriend Holly who watched the boys so Santa could get sorted.
Now Sitting in front of the fire with my boys ,a tray of treats, watching Narnia. Soon we will go to the Church Cristingle and keep up a 13year tradition of seeing my Best friend. Carly and I used to go out on the tiles to the wee hours of the morning and be hungover for Christmas (nice) but now we are far to old for that we go to each others houses, it used to be just us to but now husbands, mothers, brothers, sisters, kids and close friends are in on the act so its more like a party. Luckily its her turn this year or I would be baking like crazy instead of chilling. That has reminded me its the only thing I havn't done this "Christmas Week" and it feels sooo weird not to have done some baking but I have vowed to dedicate a day to in between New Year.
So I will say farewell, I did it, I hope all of you sending me hilarious messages part of my naughty "Not ready" club made it too. I'm off to get Merry and wait for the big man tomorrow.
Merry Christmas to one and all.
Shopping in the trench's.
1 more sleep!
Only the best for the big man.