Not many people can say a slow cooker changed their life but I really can ha! A Slow Cooker Hot Chocolate blog which out the blue went totally viral - Have I thanked you all enough for that?! Thank you!!! - it has given me experiences I never imagined and did no end of good for my little old blog. Sooo I'm always trying to pay it back by trying new, amazing and sometimes cool recipes in it. This is one.
I have seen this before so certainly can't take credit for it but this is my version and its so easy and lush. Ive made it so many times especially at this time of year I had to blog my fav type! You literally only need 4 ingredients and a slow cooker.
- 1 can of condensed milk
- 500g Milk Chocolate - I'm a Galaxy addict but for this I recommend the cheapest chocolate available, I got the 30p 100g bars, as has way less oil in and will make fudge set better and much tastier in my opinion.
- Box of Maltesers
- Tbsp of butter
1. Place all the ingredients in the slow cooker on low for an hour and give a good stir every 15mins....I just set an alarm on my phone.
2. When finished and all combined, mix in half the maltesers through.
3. Tip straight into a lined tray preferable square about 20cm for nice even chunks...as you can see I couldn't find mine and this is an 8cm round but did the job.
4. Let it set for about 10mins then place the rest of the maltesers on top. You can also drizzle some white chocolate over and sprinkles to make it extra pretty but... I was just having one of those days!
Leave to set and you can pop in the fridge to speed up. Then tip it out of the tin and chop up. We did it for our neighbours in little bags with their Christmas cards it goes really far and is delish!!!
If you fancy changing it up, instead of adding Maltesers why not add smarties or peanut M and Ms or Aero bubbles?! Just be careful not to add something too oily like peanut butter as it doesn't set well....learnt the hard way with that!