I love these chewy little cookies super easy to make and perfect for a small treat or a big one if you have a few. They are lush with a cuppa, chocolate milk and or on top of ice cream.
25g Cocoa Powder
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
80g Plain Flour
90g Caster Sugar
25g Unsalted Butter cubed
50g Icing Sugar
Note: You could use a few drops of almond essence for kiddies but to be honest its so small I didn't sweat it...maybe they will flipping sleep in for the first time in 6yrs!
1. Stir the Cocoa, Baking powder, Flour and Sugar all together.
2. Using your fingertips rub the butter into the sugar mix until it has a sandy consistency.
3. In a jug mix the egg and Amaretto together. Stir this liquid into the dry ingredients.
4. Mix to form a dough, wrap in cling film and chill for about 30mins.
5. Preheat the oven to 180C and get two trays ready, you can line with baking paper but mine are super non stick.
6. Place the icing sugar in a bowl and make walnut size piece's out of the dough. Drop them into the icing sugar until completely coated....so therapeutic.
7. Place the balls onto the trays and bake for about 10-12mins. They will get this gorgeous cracked look...just try to let them cool before you scoff a few.
We are always very popular on play dates with these!