I always watch these programmes on how not to waste food and it amazes me when people throw away whole unopened packets of stuff and while I'm pretty good I have to say if anything catches me out its CHICKEN. It has about a 3 minute window on it's sell by date and obvs I alwayyys forget to check the date in the shop however, this is my go to when its got seconds left before poisoning us all and it's soooo nice I had to share. Obvs you can use fresh chicken it doesn't have to be on its last legs.
One of my first ever recipes was actually Pulled Pork still very popular HERE but this is a little different and I think much better for BBQ style dishes, Im sure there are loads of proper recipes out there but this is my easy as can be one.
Four Chicken Breasts
100ml BBQ sauce
2 tbsp Soy Sauce
Water to thin
1. Place the chicken breasts in the bottom of the slow cooker
2. Mix all the other ingredients to make a sauce and thin with a little water so its pourable. Cover the chicken breasts.
3. Put on high for 8hrs or low for 4hrs.
4. When finished, take the chicken out of the slow cooker with tongs, place on chopping board and shred
5. Put back in the slow cooker and stir around sauce until absorbed.
6. It yummy with Fajitas or in a bun with grilled peppers and more BBQ sauce is my fave.