EVERY year I say I'm going to be more organised for Christmas, every aspect from saving all year to being all "Done" the first week of December at.the.latest. Yet on Christmas Eve last year I was sat in tears at 11.13pm still wrapping a couple of presents AND I still had to hoover the entire house and make our bed....even though Santa wasn't coming to fecking stay or the Queen so I'm not sure why I had to strip it in the first place.....An hour later, although my hip bones were on fire and my lip was still wobbling I was DONE.
Never again though and I wrote down some little tips for my self. Now I know some of you are already done present wise and seriously I'm sure you're very nice but we can't be friends...same as if your tree is up before December 1st sorry its just not going to work for my self esteem. You can however HELP ME and leave your best Christmas tips below please. If you're a bit organisationally challenged (thats a thing right) here are a few of mine, please a llll join in and do this together.
1. If you see something for example your Mam will like, so what if its September just buy it and put it in a cupboard...but not a really good hidey one though and forget. Why is life so hard? Anyway. Get presents early.
2. There is no limit on cello tape in a dispenser only! I am not an octopus. Plus buy at least 3 rolls of nice wrapping paper PER child also have back up of completely plain paper which will fit in if you run out or the shop does of that brand...LUSH Santa glitter paper M and S but running out Not.Cool. Not Cool.
3. When finished wrapping children's present's BURN any scraps. Archie noticed that his Christmas Eve box was wrapped in the same paper as Grandma's present...I might as well of just murdered Santa in front of him if it was "his paper".
- My friend did point out If you have a lot left that Mam's send it to Santa to help him out so if there is a stray present in the same paper Santa must have used the stuff we sent him! This could save the day but I'm burning all evidence as not got the brain cells for elaborate story's after 7yrs of not much sleep.
4. Write Christmas cards out in November....and SEND them or it will bore into your conscious everyday of December until you eventually give in and put some message on Facebook like "We don't send cards but Happy Christmas to you and your's" and you might even say you donated to a charity to ease the guilt....
5. If a Turkey or Crown says it will serve say 10 that will be more than enough for 20 because unlike a normal roast with this meal you have about 32 other trimmings to bulk it out including other meats like Ham and Sausages. Oh and don't forget the Trifle...and Cheese...and Port.
6. Book Things in for between Christmas and New Year. It feels like the world is just going to end after Boxing Day for me but in fact you just have hyper kids and no where to go. Instead of cramming Pantos and visitors in before the 24th .
7. Be completely ready by the 23rd, enjoy the 24th/Christmas Eve and not cry on the carpet...#goals.
8. Start saving now. I'm leaving this one in for January as if you're like me you forgot this and right about now are sweating how you will pay for all this! I've seen some great saving charts on Pinterest where if you save 1p per day building up to £3.65 on the last day of a year you will have £667.95 but I think it needs a shake up because it builds up to Christmas. So the month you need a lot of dosh you would be paying in the most. So for us I'm going to round it down to £649 and divide it by 11 months so we will have the money by November to spend. £650 / 11 = £59 per month / 4 = £14.75 per week. Not bad for less than £15 a week.
9. Don't buy a fancy table cloth if you are having more people over this year use wrapping paper! We had 14 last year and botched 2 tables and a mixture of chairs as you do together but I just put a big length of christmas paper down the middle and it looked so nice. No washing after either.
10. Its just one day! I love Christmas just as much as anyone and especially now I have kids it's so magical. However when you can't get the latest toy, or you haven't stripped your bed or the turkey is a bit burnt. Who cares....its one day. Failing that get drunk...I mean merry!