I'm not a big fan of Cheesecake. There I said it. I just don't love it and I'm not sure why. Also in allllll the baking I've ever done I don't recall ever making a one. Archie must have had some at school or somewhere and requested we make one. So what could I do!
However, if anything could make me like something it would be Peanut Butter, so that was the brief. Being a novice I didn't want to attempt a baked Cheese cake though and I hate eating gelatin as think its just not good for you, so went for a no bake version and we just made it up. So here I give you 'Archie's Cheese Cake'...
100g Peanut biscuits... best biscuits EVER fyi.
125g Butter, melted
500g Cream Cheese (I used Low fat but use as you wish)
100g Icing Sugar
300ml Double Cream
150g Smooth Peanut Butter.
5 Reese's cups chopped into pieces.
150g Milk chocolate chopped roughly.
75ml Double cream
1. Blitz all the biscuits in a food processor or place in a bag and smash with a rolling pin. Add the melted butter and stir thoroughly?
2. Press all the crumb mixture firmly into the tin with the back of a spoon and smooth flat. Put to one side.
3. Then mix all the Cheese cake filling ingrediants together, I whipped it up in my food processor but could be done by hand with some elbow grease. Finally stir in the Reese's cups.
4. Spoon the mixture on top of the biscuit base in the tin and smooth it over. Freeze for at least 2hrs.
5. Make some ganache by heating the double cream until steaming, remove from the heat, add the chocolate and stir like mad until the chocolate is totally melted. Set aside until cooled for about 2hrs also.
6. Pop frozen Cheese Cake out of the tin onto a plate. Smooth cooled ganache onto the top or drizzle ganache all over.
7. Decorate with the sweeties, some warmed Peanut Butter drizzled over would be good too but I didn't go for over kill being the first attempt!
I served it in small slices as VERY rich, with a bit of cream but a scoop of chocolate ice cream would also be yummy! Not gonna lie....it is immense. If you want it a bit softer just leave at room temperature for longer.
Hope you like as much as we did, Archie loved making it and as was super easy for kids to make or help with.