I know....Oh my god! Its no secret. I'm addicted to Nutella so I had to eventually make some cupcakes. I didn't want to make them toooo chocolatey because I wanted them to taste of Nutella. So I had a little look through my books but nothing caught my fancy as I have to like all the ingredients and if the method is too hard its not for me! Anyway I've adapted this one from a few and UHMAZING if I do say so myself!
- 175g Butter
- 175g Caster Sugar
- 3 Large Eggs
- 200g SR Flour
- 1tsp of Baking Powder
- 1tsp of Cinnamon - I wasn't going to add this but saw it in another recipe and so glad I did just adds deepth
- 4tbsp Milk
- 12 tsp of Nutella or just a lot like I did.
- Cream the sugar and butter together
- Beat one egg in at a time until combined.
- Weigh out flour, baking powder and cinnamon in a bowl and slowly beat that into the mixture until all combined and make sure you scrap down the sides with a spatula.
- Spoon Nutella out of the jar into a bowl and microwave for 20secs or until quite runny, then drizzle all over the cake batter.
- Use a skewer to drag around and marble the batter with Nutella. You could just mix it all in but it wouldn't look or taste it.
- Then spoon in cupcake cases about two-thirds full. Mine made 12 large and I made 5 tiny ones with the left overs! I also used brown cases to look a bit like a Ferrero Rocher.
- Bake for about 20mins or until just golden.
- Allow them to cool for 10 mins in the tin and transfer onto a wire rack until completely cool and ready to ice.
If you cant be bothered just smothered with Nutella.
- 200g Nutella
- 250g Icing
- 50g Soft Butter
- 2 tbsp Milk
- 1tsp vanilla essence
- Add half the icing and the rest of the ingredients to a mixer, I use a Kitchen Aid and beat until all mixed.
- Then add the rest of the icing sugar and beat again. Its should have a butter cream consistency so it can be piped. If its too runny add a little more icing sugar if its too hard add a little more milk.
- Transfer to a piping bag, I used a Wilton Star tip 1 and pipe in swirls on top. I used a mixture of Ferroro Rochers, Raffalo (new FAVOURITE chocolate) and Maltesers cause the FR are not cheap.
Honestly one of the nicest cupcakes I've ever made, divine but not too sickly don't mind saying I had 3 in one day...oooops well I don't know any Ambassadors so I have to "Really spoil myself" ha ha.
Teeth marks its THAT good!